Lori Blackwell was born and raised in Houston, Texas. She attended the University of Texas at Austin where she received her undergraduate degree of Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing. Ms. Blackwell received her Doctor of Jurisprudence from South Texas College of Law in December of 2007 and was admitted to the State Bar of Texas the following May.
Ms. Blackwell began her career practicing general civil litigation and was naturally drawn to the primary practice of family law. "Although the subject matter is often difficult, I feel that I am helping people move on to the next chapter in their lives" says Ms. Blackwell. Her compassionate interaction with clients and background make her highly qualified for complex property division cases and high conflict custody cases alike.
Ms. Blackwell has represented clients in all areas of family law including divorce, adoptions, paternity cases, child custody modifications, and enforcement of child support, spousal support and property divisions. She has also had extensive experience dealing with issues such as military divorces, validating/invalidating premarital agreements, interstate child custody issues, and step-parent adoptions, to name a few.
In addition to high conflict and contested cases, Ms. Blackwell has successfully helped numerous clients navigate the procedural hurdles that can arise even in amicable divorces and other uncontested matters. When she is not working, Ms. Blackwell enjoys spending time with friends and family along with volunteering for the Gulf Coast Marrow Donor Program and The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Mutton Bustin' Committee.
Areas of Practice
- Texas, 2008
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2008
South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 2007
University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A. - 2004
- Major: Marketing
- Houston Bar Association (Family Law Section), Member, 2008 - Present
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member, 2008 - Present
- Texas Young Lawyers Association, Member, 2008 - Present
- Fort Bend County Bar Association, Member, 2013 - Present
- Burta Rhoads Raborn Family Law Inn of Court, Member, 2016-Present
Awards and Recognitions
- Selected as a 2017 Super Lawyer
- Law Office of Richard L. Flowers, Jr., Associate
- Griffin & Matthews, Associate